Hi Everyone! Anyone who knows me well, knows I did not inherit the domestic gene from my mom when it comes to the kitchen. There are a few good things I do make such as baked goods, breakfast foods and simple things like grilled cheese, but when it comes to home cooked meals, I am not your girl. My husband, Rob, on the other hand loves to cook, and he especially enjoys the challenge of creating meals that I love! Lately, my obsession has been his “pasta cups”. They are a protein packed little cup with awesome crunch and extraordinary flavor. I know many people follow a gluten-free lifestyle and the noodles he used for this recipe are certified gluten-free and made with organic quinoa so they are naturally high in protein. For you meat eaters out there, he added shredded rotisserie chicken breast. To make this meal nutrient rich, Rob added organic baby spinach. They are super easy to make with minimal ingredients and easily served and stored (refrigerated). They actually make fantastic lunches, especially left cold. For those of you that are interested in making these here is Rob’s recipe:
- 25.5 oz. of your favorite tomato or arrabiata sauce mixed with shredded rotisserie chicken (We love DeLallo Marinara mixed with shredded rotisserie chicken and we also add organic spinach.)
- Cheese mixture (8 oz. of shredded mozzarella mixed with 2 oz. of parmesan)
- 1/2 lb. of spaghetti noodles (cooked; We love Ancient Harvest’s Quinoa Spaghetti noodles.)
- 1 muffin tin
- mixing bowl
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add mixture evenly into muffin tins & top each spaghetti piece with mozzarella and parmesan to your liking
- Once oven is heated, place the filled muffin tin into to oven for 15 minutes or until the tops of the cups are golden brown
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let cool
- Remove the cups and serve! Chef recommends pairing these pasta cups with Chalkboard Wine’s Cabernet Sauvignon.
If you enjoyed this cooking post & would like to see more, please leave a comment below telling us what kind of recipes you would like to see!